In this document we shall discuss the error code "Insufficient row/field-level permissions" which results from querying or upserting data to the User entity in the context of OData API.
The User Entity represents a user account and contains user demographic and organizational information such as a user's department, division, location, job code, manager and other details.
Row-level permissions are applied through the target population in RBP or through the Administrative Domain in user-based permission system to control which users' data can be accessed.
Field-level permissions allows users to view and edit individual fields as defined in the permission role.
Reproducing the Issue
1. For example, upsert a user to the SuccessFactors system using an API upsert:
2. View the row/field-level permission error:
"Insufficient row-level permissions." OR "Insufficient field-level permissions."
- Insufficent permissions are assigned to the API user carrying out the Operation on the User Entity.
1. To fix the error "Insufficient row-level permissions.":
Check the target population settings for your role, including the target population for field-level permissions.
Alternatively, you can assign the Employee Import or Import Employee Data permission to your role.
2. To fix the error "Insufficient field-level permissions.":
Check the permission settings for individual fields under Employee Data in RBP.
- Field-level permissions
- Row-level permissions