- The model has one dimension with Enable Currency properties checked on.
- In Model Preferences -> Currency -> Currency Conversion is also checked on and the dimension is used as Currency dimension.
- When do the data import to the model, after editing the data mapping and click Finish Mapping button. An error dialog comes with information below, and the Finish button in this dialog is disabled so user cannot complete the data mapping.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.12.1
Reproducing the Issue
Create a new model with EXCEL data. The EXCEL data should contains one column data with Currency. (JPY, USD, CNY, etc)
- Open the model, and edit for the dimension of the Currency column, check on option Enable Currency
- Go to Model Preferences -> Currency, check on Currency Conversion. And choose the dimension in Step 2 as Currency dimension.
- Save this Model.
- Go to Data Management and import the same EXCEL data again.
- Click the imported one from Draft Sources to go to the data mapping page.
- Click Finish Mapping button.
- Notice error comes as:
This is because, when a dimension has Enable Currency checked, the dimension will have a Currency attribute assigned. When Currency Conversion is enabled in Model Preferences and the dimension is used as Currency dimension, the Currency attribute value will be used and checked. In the original EXCEL data, there is no column which is mapped to this new Currency attribute. That is why such information is displayed to ask for mapping to Attribute Currency.
- In the data mapping page, duplicate the column data with Currency to generate a new column for the Draft sources.
- Double click the Currency dimension to find the Currency attribute.
- Drag & drop the duplicated column into the Currency attribute to do the mapping.
- Click Finish Mapping button and confirm the mapping will be successful.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-BR , Digital Boardroom (DiBo) , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning Functionality, Planning Models , LOD-ANA-PR , Predictive Scenarios, Smart Predict , Problem