- Custom field Job Category disappear right after the Job Analyzer is opened and it will only return if the page refreshes.
- Read/Write permissions to the field are properly given.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management - All Versions
- Job Analyzer
Reproducing the Issue
The mentioned behavior will only happen when the custom field-id "jobCategory" is configured in the JRDM and the Job Analyzer enabled.
- Go to Recruiting, open a Job Requisition
- Go to the Job Category field and open the Job Analyzer to analyze the data from the Job Requisition
- You will notice that the custom field will disappear after a certain time
The Job Analyzer functionality, at the moment it is activated, creates an element with the same id as the custom field "jobCategory". This is creating a discrepancy and making the UI field disappears.
Software Engineering team has already acknowledged this issue and they are currently working on it.
If the field is a required step to set the Category of a Job, as a workaround, the customer can either remove the Job Analyzer permissions, so the element won't be created, or change the field-id in the template, but will work only for new created Requisitions.
For more information about the Job Analyzer configuration, refer to the article: 2557520 - Job Analyzer - Recruiting Management
NOTE (07/17/2019): Software Engineering has updated the Job Analyzer code and will add the fix within the 1908 release.
2557520 - Job Analyzer - Recruiting Management
jobCategory; Job Category; Missing Category Field; Job Analyzer; , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , LOD-SF-RCM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , Problem