- Down Payments are Invoices generated for Sales Processes, before the actual Invoicing Process for respective Sales activity is started.
- This Knowledge Base Article will explain the functionality of Down Payment Requests in SAP Business ByDesign.
- Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP Business ByDesign
There are two options to create Down Payment Requests in Business ByDesign:
- Down Payments can be created for specific sales documents, including Sales Orders, Service Orders and Contracts. In our example we will use Sales Orders.
- You can navigate to the Sales Orders OWL (Object Work List), select the respective Sales Order and click on the Create Down Payment button.
- You can enter an external Reference Number, the amount of the Down Payment and the relevant tax details. Note that some countries restrict the taxation selection.
- Once you click on OK, a Down Payment Invoice Request will be created and can be opened in the Invoice Request view in the Customer Invoicing workcenter.
- Note that Down Payment Invoice Request data is determined based on the logged in User.
- The Down Payment will be fully assigned to the Sales Document, from which it was created:
- You can adjust Pricing Details, Organizational Assignment, Taxation Details and External References and then Release the Down Payment Invoice Request.
- You create a Down Payment Request, which you can find in the Invoice Document view.
- The created Down Payment Request will be fully assigned to the sales document, from which it was created.
- While the Down Payment is created, you cannot yet assign it to Invoices from related sales document. You need to first clear the payment for the Down Payment Request.
- Clear the Down Payment Request.
- Process the sales document, until you can invoice it.
- When you invoice the sales document, the Down Payment will be assigned automatically:
- If you want to prevent the assignment, you can deactivate the Assignment for the Down Payment Request before creating the Invoice.
- Navigate to the Invoice Document View and find your Down Payment Request and click the button No Invoice Assignment.
- If you want to assign it to the next invoice, you can activate the assignment by opening the Down Payment Request and clicking on Allow Invoice Assignment.
- Once you release the Invoice with Down Payment Request assigned, the paid value will be noted and only the residual value will be considered for payment.
- You can also create a Down Payment Request without reference to any sales document.
- Navigate to the Customer Invoicing workcenter and select the New Down Payment Invoice Request view.
- Enter the required organizational and pricing related data and release the Down Payment Invoice Request.
- This creates a Down Payment Request without any assignment to sales documents.
- You need to clear the payment before being able to assign it manually.
- Once the payment is cleared, you can now select this Down Payment in open Invoice Requests:
- Open any open Invoice Request for particular customer and on General Tab you will find the Assigned Down Payments Header.
- You can assign only part of the Down Payment Request to the sales document invoice request.
- If you now save the sales document invoice request, the reference is set and can be checked in the Down Payment Invoice Request:
- Once you create the Invoices from the sales documents, they will appear in the Actual Payments tab.
- You can use the Web Service Manage Down Payment Invoice Request to create Down Payments with and without Assignment to sales documents.
Further documentation on the web service can be accessed via the Service Explorer view in the Application and User Management Workcenter.
- Down Payment Invoice Requests are considered manual invoice requests and will trigger the Approval Process for Customer Invoices.
- Invoice Runs can be set up to consider Down Payments during automatic creation of Customer Invoices.
KBA 2785060 - Invoice is not created by the Invoice Run for an Invoice Request with a Down Payment assigned
KBA 2776354 - Down Payment Requests Are Created With Error Message 'Sales data or pricing terms not found for account'
KBA 2493672 - Down Payments Are Not Creating Journal Entries
KBA 2377308 - No values in Drop Down List for Payment Terms in Invoice Request or a Down Payment Invoice Request
KBA 2377224 - How is the Tax Country Determined in a Down Payment Request which was Created via a Sales Order
KBA 2228707 - Down Payment Status in the Open Down Payment Requests
KBA 2077847 - Tax Code in the Create Down Payment Window is Not the Same as in the Sales Order
KBA 2013735 - Not Possible to Not Assign a Down Payment Request in an Invoice Request
KBA 2013708 - Cannot Create Invoice When Deactivate the Down Payments Transfer Indicator
KBA 1964635 - Down Payment Request can be Assigned to Invoice Request Even Though it was Already Assigned to an Invoice
KBA 1934847 - Cannot Add Cleared Down Payment Request to an Invoice Request
KBA 1713865 - Your Payment Term for Cash Discount is Not Displayed in your Down Payment Request
Down Payment Request, Anzahlung, How To, Guide, , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , Problem