- Why am I seeing the message "Press Ctrl + V to paste. Your browser doesn't support pasting with the toolbar button or context menu option"
- Why is the "Paste from Microsoft Word" button being removed from the Job Description?
- How can I retain formatting when copying text from Microsoft Word?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM)
Recent changes to several internet browsers have restriced access to user clipboards and this has necessitated the removal of the "Paste from Microsoft Word" button.
From the b1908 Q3 SuccessFactors release, this button will be removed as internet browsers are no longer able to access a user's clipboard due to security issues. Instead, this functionality has now been integrated into the application by pasting directly into the Rich Text field.
- To do this, it is recommended that users copy the desired text from Microsoft Word and paste this using the keyboard shortcut CTRL + V.
- This will retain all standard HTML formatting supported by the editor (such as bold, italics, links).
- Font style should only be based on the default font style of Microsoft Word. Recommended: Calibri (body)
- Please note that not all formatting available in Microsoft Word is supported, since MS Word uses their own "formatting styles", and any formatting that is not supported by the Rich Text Editor will be removed when the user pastes the content using CTRL + V (similar to the functionality of the legacy "Paste from Word" button).
Known formatting that is not supported (as confirmed by Product Support) and will have to be manually adjusted
- Increase Indent
If you feel that the functionality should be improved, please raise an Enhancement Request with your suggestions.
A workaround for this behavior is to paste the content as plain text. You can do that by using the Paste as Plain Text button present in the Job Requisition. It is important to mention that any formatting present in this text won't be present in this paste.
Paste; Microsoft; MS; Word; Button; Removal; Job; Description; Formatting; paste from word , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem