- When performing an Add New Contingent / Hire transaction, upon navigating to Personal Information and selecting a value for the Nationality field, you are getting an application error
- With fingerprint=ee76ea25d65e139d822de524f6cff7b375961f60
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Contingent Workforce Management
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Hire / Rehire
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Add New Contingent Worker
- Fill out the mandatory fields
- Navigate from Identity to Personal Information
- Select a value for the "Nationality" field
- Application error occurs
The issue is happening because of a cache issue with the territory (country) table. We are working with Engineering to have this fixed. They are currently planning a patch for b1905p11 (26-Jul-19). This is yet to be confirmed.
Once confirmation is provided this KBA will be updated.
As an interim solution, the following options can be reviewed and performed to avoid the application error.
Option 1: Configure People Profile
- As admin user, go to Configure People Profile
- Go to the section for Job Information and click the section to configure fields (Edit Dialogue)
- Click on the "All Countries" on the upper left section. The list of countries should be loaded, refreshing the cache. (No need to save).
- Go back to Add New Contingent Worker, check if you're still getting the error in the Nationality field.
Option 2: Manual Refresh via country-of-birth field in personInfo
- Open either "Add New Employee Wizard" or navigate to any profile
- In Biographical Info > Edit, modify the "Country of Birth" field. No need to save.
- Go back to Add Contingent Worker, verify if you're still receiving the error upon update of the Nationality field.
fingerprint=ee76ea25d65e139d822de524f6cff7b375961f60, add contingent worker, nationality, error, ECT-118233, PTCH-30568 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CWF , Contingent Workforce , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , Hire & Rehire Wizards , Bug Filed