You download a Payment File. After downloading it you notice the wrong amounts are displayed in the Payment File.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Liquidity Management Work Center.
- Go to the Outbound Files View.
- Show all Outbound Files and search for Payment ID XXX (where XXX is the Payment File number).
- Download Payment File ID XXX and open it.
You can see that the Payment Amounts are wrong.
These amounts are internally maintained as decimals with a certain amount of digits after the decimal. Since the File mapping has been maintained as just for example 10 Character Field Length without any Data Conversion Rules, the Payment Amounts are getting truncated after deciphering it from right to left.
You need to create a new Payment File Structure. You need then to extend the Character Field Length and maintain a proper Data Conversion Rule.
Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Search for the activity Outgoing Bank Transfers and edit it.
- Click edit Payment File Structures.
- Press New.
- Enter a File Structure ID.
- Press Next.
- Press Add Row and enter a Record Definition name and Level.
- Press Next.
- Under Fields enter a Field Name at Bank and define an appropriate Field Length and a Data Conversion Rule.
- Press Save and confirm the New Payment File Structure.
Assign the new Payment File Structure and create a new payment file ID. This time the downloaded amounts are correct.
Payment File structure, Field Length, Character, Payment File ID, Payment File Amount, Payment File Download , KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , Problem