- Unable to show more than 10000 data points in Chart in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Create a story with any Chart on one model (either import or live), in which one dimension has more than 10000 members.
=> Only 10000 data points (10000 dimension values) can be shown.
=> In the Chrome trace, there is one parameter "RowTo" setting to 10000 in Definition > SubtSetDescription in the HTTP request.
- This is expected that we cap the number of results to 10,000. This is to protect the datasource and response time so that large amounts of data-points are streamed and overplotted in the chart.
- Furthermore, depending on the chart type, we will further limit the number of data-points using Auto Top N or Auto Limits to reduce the number of data-points actually plotted, and the chart details includes a warning message <!> that indicates that partial data is shown. The N value varies by chart type, for example Bar/Column charts has 500, but for charts like Scatter we don't impose an Auto Top N / Limit other than the 10k cap on the query.
Use filters to reduce the data points to be shown in the chart.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, data, point, points, member, value, 10000, max, up to , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , Problem