Changes made to existing MDF Object are not reflecting in the UI (Manage Configuration UI).
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP HCM Successfactors
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Configure Object Definition > Search for "Object Definition" and select an existing custom MDF object
- Perform a change in the object (i.e; add, edit, delete a field or change the data type to picklist)
- Navigate to Manage Configuration UI > Search for the custom MDF object you changed
- Notice the changes did not reflect in Manage Configuration UI (i.e; the field did not become a picklist or the new field does not reflect)
When you change a configuration of an existing object in Configure Object Definition, the changes won't automatically reflect in the UI. There seems to be a lag in changes between the Manage Configuration UI and the configured existing Custom MDF object (in Configure Object Definition).
You will need to perform a refresh of the UI via the steps below:
- Navigate to Manage Configuration UI > Search for the configured existing custom MDF object
- In the Select Base Object, reselect the Base Object (just simply search for the same object in Select Base Object). This will refresh the UI. You will notice that the changes have reflected in the UI.
- Click Save
3. Click Save
Please note: After you reselect the Base Object, all Configuration UI rules will be deleted. Hence, it is important to backup all UI rules before saving.
2553102 - Manage Configuration UI FAQ
2211616 - How to Configure a UI for a Generic Object in Meta Data Framewok - SuccessFactors
MDF object definition, reselect, change, add, edit, delete, fields, base object, configuration UI, custom MDF object, reflect, manage configuration UI, data type, picklist, string , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definitions All Object Definition Creation , Problem