An SQLException is thrown when the admin is trying to record learning.
Success Factors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Users > Tools > Record Learning - Multiple;
- Try to record learning for an item;
- The system will throw a SQLException;
- expand the text/scroll down and look for the caused by information, it should mention the following:
com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: : fetch returns more than requested number of rows: search table error:
"fetch returns more than requested number of rows exception: fetch returns more than requested number of rows: search table error: "COMPANY_SCHEMA"."PKG_QUESTIONNAIRESURVEY_INITIATE_SURVEY_PROCESS": line xx col xx (at pos xxx):  (range x) fetch returns more than requested number of rows exception: fetch returns more than requested number of rows"
This issue happens when admins are adding item to survey in the system and they click on Add button in quick succession/more then once (while the system is still processing the request).
This scenario has been addressed as part of in b1908 release as a preventive measure.
For the existing duplicate survey item assignments, please follow below steps:
- go to Questionnaire Survey > Search for the questionary survey associated with the respective item > Edit Survey > Go to Item Usage and search for the affected item ID;
- select both duplicate mappings of item from the survey and remove them
- add the item back to survey OR update the item with survey and ensure that there is only mapping between specific item and survey.
NOTE: when deleting the survey association the item usage information will be lost, so you might want to create a new revision of the item and then making changes to the new revision. Please refer to KBA 2546182 for more information.
Item Usage no longer shows data for survey for an item
LMS, SAP, SURVEY, ERROR, SQLEXCEPTION, RECORD, LEARNING, EVENT, MULTIPLE, ITEM, QUESTIONNAIRESURVEY , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Problem