You are previewing the data source XYZ (XYZ represents the name of the data source) and you see that it is not showing data. However, there should be data to be displayed in this data source.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Business Analytics Workcenter.
Go to Design Data Sources View.
Search for Data Source XYZ.
Select the data source and click on Preview Button.
- In the data source preview screen, run the data source
- No results or only a few records are displayed on the data source when there should be more records displayed.
The option to Show Real Data is disabled in Business Configuration settings. Therefore the data sources under Business Analytics work center will not reflect real results.
In order to display real data in the data source preview, you should follow the below steps:
- Go the Business Configuration Workcenter.
- Go to Overview.
- Under Business Configuration Search, Search for Administrator Analytics.
- Under the Type Activity, click on the configuration element Administrator Analytics - Settings.
- Under the title Real Data Shown to Key User Instead of Generic Data, you will see a check box named Show Real Data.
- Check this box to display real data
For Business ByDesign: 2679556 - Data Source Preview is not supported in Business Analytics
No Data in Data Source; Empty Results; Empty Data Sources; Data Sources Records; Null Data Source; Incorrect Number of Records; No Records in Data Source; Cannot Preview Data Source; , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To