I am trying to purge a profile. The purge process completed, however upon viewing the files it advised a 500 - Deletion of the user failed message against this profile.
Checked KBA 2520038 - 500 - Deletion of the user failed - User Purge Error which explains this error occurs when the system cannot find a corresponding LMS record.
However, there is already an LMS profile assigned to the USERID I am trying to purge.
- SAP HCM SUITE
- Bizx > Data Rentention > Management
- Learning Management System
There is currently a defect where the system is unable to purge users who are also supervisor, alternate supervisor or HRBP.
Investigation is still in progress and fix is targetted for 1908 (subject to change).
Workaround: Remove any association this user has with others either manually for supervisors and alternate supervisors only, but HRBP have to be removed via connector
- navigate to LMS admin
- search for the user you are not able to purge
- launch proxy from the ACTION menu
- notice the user has a "My Employees" tabs > click on it = this will show you the list of employees the user you are trying to purge is directly (supervisor) or indirectly (alternate supervisor, HRBP) responsible for
- make a note of the employees listed there
- close the proxy session and go back to LMS admin
- search for one of the user from the list and open the user record
- if you are removing a supervisor > click on "view all" > delete the value from the supervisor field
- if you are removing an alternate supervisor > click "manage alternate supervisor" in the ACTION menu > click the red X next to the user you with to remove
- Go back to Bizx and run the purge again
SAP, SF, Successfactors, learning, LMS, DRTM, DRM, purge, deletion, delete users, fail, failure, data retention management, Bizx, admin center, supervisor, HRBP, alternate, LRN-54810 , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-UDR , User Data Purge , LOD-SF-PLT-DRM , Data Retention Management , Bug Filed