The realignment run that you created is including the Account's related documents such as Activities and Opportunities, even though you have not scoped the question "Do you want the territory changes you make to an account, to be automatically updated in the open documents associated with the account?".
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Realignment Run view.
- Create a new realignment run for an Account which contains related documents.
- Wait until the realignment simulation is finished.
- Open the simulation of the created realignment.
- You can see that the related documents were included in the simulation. However, you are expecting that the documents not be included because you have not selected the scoping question "Do you want the territory changes you make to an account, to be automatically updated in the open documents associated with the account?".
In systems where Multi Territory Assignment for Account is switched off, in the Sales Territory realignment run will always include dependent documents of the accounts.
If the question "Do you want the territory changes you make to an account, to be automatically updated in the open documents associated with the account?" is IN scope then the below behavior is expected:
Sometimes customer don’t want to wait for a realignment process creation/execution for the documents in system to be in synch. They can do territory changes at account level, and want those changes to be automatically reflected on transaction documents. This scoping question – allows that to happen via a background job. If scoped IN, any account territory change is recorded and flagged for the background job to pick and do further processing.
If this BC option is scoped an job with hourly recurrence adopts the territory assignment whenever an account gets re-assigned to another territory.
This is happening independent of Sales Territory re-alignment runs and is an additional feature to automatically adopt Territory assignment of documents.
This is the expected system behavior.
There is no way to disable the Realignment Run from including account's related documents.
After the simulation of the realignment run you can set the flag "Exclude" to not change the territory of the related documents during the realignment run.
Realignment Run, Related Documents, Territory , KBA , LOD-CRM-TM , Territory Management , How To