- You migrate Fixed Assets with the Migration of Accounting Transaction Data activity using the default migration template of migration of fixed assets.
- You migrate Fixed Assets for Company ABC (ABC represents the Company ID and name).
- Company ABC is assigned to two (or more) Set of Books DEF and GHI (DEF and GHI represents the IDs of two separate Set of Books).
- For both Set of Books multiple valuation views are defined, DEF-1 and DEF-2 and GHI-1 and GHI 2.
- Set of Books DEF is marked as Default Set of Books.
- In the migration template you maintain Depreciation Method XYZ for Fixed Asset KLM (KLM represents the Fixed Asset ID). You expect that this Depreciation Method will be maintained for all valuation views of the Company's Set of Books.
- After the migration you notice that Depreciation Method XYZ is not maintained for all valuation views of Fixed Asset ABC. It is only defined for Valuation View DEF-1.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
In the Fixed Assets work center go to the Fixed Assets view and find Fixed Asset KLM.
- Choose Edit - Master Data.
- Navigate to the Asset Valuation subview.
- The Depreciation Method XYZ is only assigned to Valuation View DEF-1. For all other Valuation views a different Depreciation Method is maintained.
If you maintain a Depreciation Method for a Fixed Asset, which is different to the Depreciation Methods defined for the relevant Valuation Views in the Fixed Asset Classes Fine Tune activity, then this Depreciation Method will only be assigned to the posting relevant Valuation View of the Default Set of Books.
For all other Valuation Views the Depreciation Method as defined for them in the said Fine tune task are derived.
If you need to overwrite the Depreciation Methods - or other settings, such as Useful Life- defined for the relevant Valuation views you can use the Extended Migration template:
- In the Migration of Accounting Transaction Data activity use the Migration Tool.
- In the activity press Create Unit.
- In the small pop-up window, under Fixed Assets Migration select Use extended migration template for migration of fixed assets.
- Press Create.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset template.
In the extended Migration template, you must define a Depreciation Method for each Valuation View assigned to each Set of Books used by Company ABC. In this way, you can overwrite all settings maintained for these Valuation views (such as Useful life) in the Fixed Asset Classes Fine Tune activity.
fixed asset migration, depreciation method wrong for valuation view, default migration template, fixed asset classes , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , Problem