When trying to create an SQL database connection in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC), the 'Connection Type' dropdown box is empty after selecting the 'Location'.
SAP Analytics Cloud.
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAC, go to Main Menu > Connection > Add Connection.
- Select 'SQL Database'.
- Add the location.
- Try to add the connection type and notice that the dropdown box is empty.
The selected location is not set to 'Default Location' because the SAC Cloud Agent has been configured to a different location.
- Log into SAP Cloud Connector and select "Connector" from the navigation bar on the left-hand side.
- Click 'Edit' on the associated subaccount and ensure that the 'Location ID' box is left empty.
- Click 'Save'.
- Go to SAC and navigate to Main Menu > System > Administration > Datasource Configuration.
- Go to the 'On-premise datasources' section and click 'Add a new location' (if there is not an existing location titled 'Default Location').
- Ensure the 'Location' is set to 'Default Location' and enter the host, port and cloud agent credentials.
- Click 'Save' and notice a green tick in the location box.
- You should now be able to successfully create the SQL connection.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, cannot, SAP HANA, blank, empty, can not, create , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PR , Predictive Scenarios, Smart Predict , LOD-ANA-BR , Digital Boardroom (DiBo) , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning Functionality, Planning Models , Problem