- This article is a Bridge KBA to the SAP Guide, where you can find the step-by-step to enable the BCUI in the Provisioning.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central (EC) - All Versions
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile (EP) - All Versions
- SAP SuccessFactors Plataform (PLT) - All Versions
- Prerequisites to Using BCUI
First step before using BCUI is to upload the data model. The data model is an XML file and needs to be uploaded in Provisioning.
- Enabling BCUI
As an Implementation Partner, you need to enable BCUI in Provisioning to make it available in the Admin Center.
- Log on to Provisioning and select the company to work with.
- In Edit Company Settings, select Company Settings.
- Search for Enable Generic Objects and enable it.
- Search for Enable Business Configuration in Admin Tools and enable it.
- Click Save.
- Synchronizing the Succession Data Model with Metadata Framework (MDF)
Once you've enabled BCUI, you must create a job to sync BCUI with Succession Data Model. This is a one-time task. After the sync runs for the first time, future updates to BCUI are automatically pushed to Succession Data Model.
- Create a Job: To create a BCUI sync job, select Synchronize Business Configuration in Job Type.
- Run the Job: BCUI sync job must only be scheduled to run once. After the sync runs for the first time, any subsequent upload of Data Model XML will automatically trigger this job.
- Monitor the Job: If the sync job fails, BCUI is locked. Do not edit the attributes of ActivityListObject using Admin Center Configure Object Definitions. Check Details to identify the issue, fix it, and restart the job. If issue still exists, please contact SAP Cloud Support.
- You have set up a sync job that will enable you to synchronize Succession Data Model with Metadata Framework (MDF).
- Setting Permissions for BCUI
Before anyone can use BCUI, certain permissions need to be granted.
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles.
- Select the permission role assigned to Admin from the list > The Permission Role Detail page appears.
- Click Permission... > The Permission settings page appears.
- In Administrator Permissions Metadata Framework, select:
Read/Write Permission on Metadata Framework
Import Permission on Metadata Framework
Admin Access to the OData API
Manage Configuration UI
- In Administrator Permissions > Manage Business Configuration, choose the visibility and actions allowed for the objects listed.
Visibility for an element indicates whether or not it will appear on BCUI whereas actions indicate the operations that can be performed on the element.
- Click Done to save your changes > The Permission Role Detail page appears.
manage, business, configuration, BCUI, configuration, partner, implementation, enabling, enable, provisioning, SuccessFactors , KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , How To