Upon trying to add the Extension Fields to the new Material or new Service, in the Adaptation mode, the option Extension Fields appears greyed out.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data work center
- Go to Common Tasks view
- Choose New Material or choose New Service
- Select View All at the right corner of the screen
- Select the Profile icon at the top right corner of the screen
- Go to Key user settings and choose Start Adaptation Mode
- In the Adaptation, select the UI Element: General Information
- At the bottom of the list select the + icon
- Extension Fields option is greyed out
When you enter the Adaptation Mode, the default selection is the UI Element General Information which is a key element and to which the addition of Extension Fields is not allowed. If the icon is greyed out, it is because the addition of fields to selected section is not allowed.
You must select the UI Element Unnamed Group to add Extension Fields to the Materials or Services.
Materials, Products, Services, UI Element, General Information, Adaptation Mode, Unnamed Group , KBA , SRD-MD-PRD-SRV , Service , Problem