You are trying to perform a sync of a package containing permission roles and groups inside of it, however the sync is failing and the report file is not showing any error message.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to go to Manage Sync Packages
- Select the package you want to sync
- Choose target instance and admin account
- Navigate to Instance Synchronization Monitor Tool
- Message that job was successfully triggered appears
- Search for the sync you just did and see the column status as "Error"
- Click on Details and then Download the report
- In the report the following message is shown:
The reason of this is because currently the product does not support special characters such '/' in the name of the role group when you try to sync it. Currently only permission roles can be sync with special characters on the name. If this is your scenario, kindly remove any special character from the group name you are trying to sync, then trigger the sync again.
SAP Platform Engineering team has identified the issue and they are expecting to deploy the solution on the next SFSF b1908 release.
2782267 - Unable to sync RBP Permission Roles - Error
Sync, Instance Synchronization, Synchronization, RBP, Permission Roles, Error, Dynamic Group , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , LOD-SF-PLT-SYN , Instance Synch , How To