You have created a condition (C4C) / value filter (ByD) in a particular report view. You are also using the result row to see totals, however you notice that with the report condition being active, the result row shows the wrong value.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Business Analytics, view Design Reports.
- Open the respective report and run it.
- Go to the view and click Key Figure > Conditions (in C4C) or Value Filters (in ByD).
- Create a condition which excludes some of the shown values.
- Make sure that the condition is active and click OK.
- Back in the report view, click one of the characteristics in the view > Characteristic Settings.
- In the Result Row option, select Show.
- Click OK.
The result row shows the wrong value if you compare it to the single values in every row.
A report condition / value filter only applies to every single row, however not to the result. The result row will show the results irrespective of conditions / value filters.
This is the correct behavior. You can make use of a custom key figure which has the local calculation set to Sum, if you would like to see the results considering the displayed rows only:
- Go to the work center Business Analytics, view Design Key Figures.
- Click New.
- Enter a key figure name and the data source which you are using in your report.
- Select the type Calculated Key Figure and click Next.
- In step 2, select the key figure you require. Click Next.
- In step 3 in the setting Calculate Result As, select Total.
- Save this key figure via Finish.
- Open your report and go to the view.
- Click Add Fields and go to the Key Figures tab.
- Select your key figure and click OK.
- Add this key figure to the view.
- Click Key Figure > Conditions (in C4C) or Value Filters (in ByD).
- Create a new condition, using your new key figure.
- Apply this condition.
With the key figure settings as described above, the result row will show the expected values.
analytics, report, result line, totals, sum, wrong value, condition, value filters, key figure , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To