Duplicate ISOCountryList picklist showing up after Picklist Migration.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Following migration there were two versions of the country picklist.
The most likely cause of this is that before migration there was:
- A legacy picklist with ISOCountryList as the parent entry and say permitdoctype as the child entry
- An MDF picklist with ISOCountryList as the parent entry but without a child entry.
Because of this setup, during migration the decision was to keep these two picklists as separated. So in migration the legacy picklist ISOCountryList is moved as ISOCountryList~%1.
To resolve this:
- Enable visibility for SF Field5 in the Configure Object Definition tool to be able to see the legacy identifier
- Before making any changes:
- Enable MDF history for picklist objects
- Confirm everywhere the picklist is used make sure that the right picklist is used
- Take backup of picklists
- Change parent picklist ISOCountryList~%1 in the Picklist Center
- Re-add all parent picklist values via import
- Rename MDF version ISOCountryList to ISOCountryList-DONOTUSE.
NOTE: If Employee Central and Recruitment are used then most likely it’s the legacy version of the picklist (now post-migration called ISOCountryList~%1 (MDF name) with Legacy ID: ISOCountryList) that is being used.
ISOCountryList, picklist, picklist migration, ISOCountryList~%1, picklist center , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-PKL , MDF Picklists , LOD-SF-PLT-PCK , Picklist Management Issue , Problem