You posted project YYY(YYY represents the ID of the project) relevant business transaction, for example, Supplier Invoice XXX (XXX represents the ID of the invoice). In the item of Supplier Invoice XXX, you can see the Product Category is AA (AA represents the ID of the product category).
When viewing Supplier Invoice XXX in the report 'Project - Line Items', you find that Product Category displays '# Not Assigned'.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Search and open supplier invoice XXX.
- Navigate to Items tab.
- You see that the product category is AA.
Go to Project Management work center.
- Go to List view.
- Open report 'Projects - Line Items'.
- Input required parameters and click on Apply.
- Navigate to View.
- Add 'Product Category' to Row Fields.
- In the line of supplier invoice XXX, you see that Product Category displays '# Not Assigned'.
For the business transaction which has Overhead Costs line item, the product category is derived from cost center market segment. Here product category has to be maintained in cost center master data.
For the business transaction which has Other Direct Cost line item, the product category is derived from Market Segment of the Project.
For the rest of business transaction which does not has above two(Overhead Costs and Other Direct Cost line items), Product category is derived from Material/Product master data.
Open journal entry of supplier invoice XXX, you find that it has Other Direct Cost line item. So, the product category is supposed to be derived from Market Segment of the Project. However, the product category is not maintained in the project YYY. Therefore, system behaves as designed.
Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Journal Entries view.
- Show All Postings and search XXX.
- Open the journal entry of supplier invoice XXX.
- You check the project YYY relevant line item(s) and find it's Other Direct Cost line item.
- Clikc on YYY to open the project.
- View Materials subtab.
- You can see, Product Category is not maintained.
Product Category, Project, Projects - Line Items , KBA , SRD-FIN-ANA , Analytics Content , Problem