- The attachment portlet is just loading.
- Loading error;
- Portlet problem;
- How to configure portlet with attachments;
- How to create an attachment field;
- Attachment portlet.
This article will show you how to set up a block that supports attachments in People Profile via BCUI (Manage Business Configuration).
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile (EP) - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the instance;
- Go to Configure People Profile;
- Create a new Custom Blocks > Live Profile Background;
- Add a Attachment Background Element;
- Open the Employee Profile;
- See the portlet just loading.
This issue is caused by the wrong configuration when you create the field in Manage Business Configuration (BCUI) or XML.
- Open the Manage Business Configuration (BCUI);
- Search the field that you want to add attachments;
- Create the right configuration to the document-type-id docName and attachment:
- You need to use the document-type-id="ATTACHMENTS" just in the data-field id="attachment", not in the docName. If you use the document type wrong, you'll experience the problem in the People Profile.
2080620 - How to enable Manage Business Configuration UI (BCUI)
2796076 - How to edit or create a custom block in People Profile
2799197 - How to select a picklist / SuccessFactors Employee Profile
attachments; field; portlet; employee; profile; people; loading; error; create; BCUI; custom; block; manage; business; configurator; picklist; successfactors; , KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , LOD-SF-EP-PP3 , People Profile , How To