- How to restrict certain operators from sending SMS to candidates via the Contact Candidate feature?
- I have restricted the candidate-email-permission in the job requisition XML template, why the user can still see the Contact Candidate button?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM) - All versions
- Short Message Service (SMS) is configured in Recruiting settings
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Recruiting
- In the candidate summary for any requisition, view the details for any candidate
- The candidate application will have the Email (or Contact Candidate) button
- Click on the button to open the page, and it provides options to contact the candidate via 'Email' or 'SMS' or 'Both'
By default all operators can access the Contact Candidate button on the application record. Additionally, in an environment where the Short Message Service (SMS) is configured in Recruiting settings, by default all operators have the options to contact via 'Email' or 'SMS' or 'Both' on the page.
- If you wish to restrict certain operators from using the 'SMS' option, the "candidate-sms-permission" element can be added to the Requisition XML, so that only permission-ed operator roles can send SMS via Contact Candidate feature. This element can only be declared once in the Requisition XML template and cannot be permission-ed by status.
<description><![CDATA[Recruiters can send sms to candidate.]]></description>
- If you wish to hide the Contact Candidate button for certain operators, you need to restrict both 'Email' and 'SMS' permissions. Regarding how to restrict the 'Email' permission in Contact Candidate, please refer to this article 2393521.
Below are the screens of the Contact Candidate feature with different permissions.
1. Default -> Contact Candidate button is available; It shows options to contact via 'Email' or 'SMS' or 'Both'
2. Restricting the 'SMS' permission only -> Contact Candidate button is available; No 'contact via' options, it shows the email edit panel only
3. Restricting the 'Email' permission only -> Contact Candidate button is available; No 'contact via' options, it shows the SMS edit panel only
4. Restricting both 'Email' and 'SMS' permissions -> Contact Candidate button is unavailable
Contact Candidate, Email Candidate, SMS, SMS messaging, Short Message Service, candidateSms, candidateEmail , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , How To