- When canceling an interview for one candidate, all candidates on that requisition receives an email that the interview was canceled.
- The actual need is that only the candidate the interview is canceled for should receive the cancellation email as the 'Cancel Interview Notification' is enabled.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to interview scheduling and click a requisition with a booked interview for multiple candidates and cancel the interview for just one candidate.
- Interviewer receives 3 emails; one for each candidate that was booked.
- Each candidate received 1 e-mail about the cancellation.
- Interviewer confirms that the entire interview (with the 3 candidates) was canceled.
- When all the candidates are selected while booking the interview, the cancellation is sent to all the candidates.
- Reason for this is because selecting all will make sure that all of the candidates will get the interview in the 'My Interviews' tab which they can choose to confirm/decline. Also, if only 1 slot is chosen, only 1 candidate can confirm the interview.
- Once the interviewer cancels the interview, everyone will be informed about the cancellation as all of them were involved in this interview invite in the first place.
To prevent this from occurring, kindly make sure to select only one candidate at a time while scheduling the interview.
For scheduling a single interview for multiple candidates, there are two possible options:
- While scheduling the interview, after finding availability, there is the option to choose the number of candidates who can accept the same slot. This means that for example, if 3:30-4 PM slot is selected, and it is decided that 3 candidates can book the same slot that means maximum of 3 candidates can select/confirm the same slot.
- While scheduling the interview, after finding availability, multiple time slots can be chosen for interviewer. Each candidate can then confirm one slot for him/herself.
Also, please note that no matter which of the above two approach is used, please always follow the below steps for cancellation for a particular candidate:
- As a recruiter, click the interview link beneath the job card.
- For the interview where multiple candidates were added, select the candidates in particular category (booked, not booked, in draft)
- Select the candidate that needs the interview needs to be canceled for and click the remove candidate button
- If interviews are scheduled for all candidate at the same time, then it is expected that the cancellation will also go to all of them.
- When the booked interview/s are removed/cancelled individually for the specific user/s through Job card section in Interview Scheduling page, the notification is sent only to the candidate who was removed.
SF, Success Factors, RCM, booking, setting up, available, time, delete , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-IVW , Interview Central, Interviews, Scheduling etc , Problem