You create a Workflow Rule that is scheduled to activate in X Months (X represents the amount). You wish to know how the time-frame for "month" is calculated in the system.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Administrator workcenter.
- Go to the Workflow Rules view.
Create a scheduled workflow rule with Relative Time = After and Time Offset = X Months.
- You want to know how many days a Month means in this case.
A Month in a scheduled workflow rule means the same date after/before X month's time. The length of the month is the actual amount of days in that month.
You define the time offset as 3 Month after Changed on and the Changed on date is the 22nd May, then the Activation time (the time at which the workflow rule is supposed to execute) will be:
22nd May + 3 Months = 22nd August.
The same applies for the time offset BEFORE Changed on:
The workflow is configured to execute 3 month BEFORE Changed On. The Changed On Date is the 31st of May. The evaluation of the activation date time will go as follows:
- First, three months will get subtracted from 31.05.2019 (without considering the number of days in the month). So the result will be 31.02.2019.
- Since the 31st is not a valid date for February, it will get adjusted to the last date of that particular month. In our case, the 28th.
- The final result will be the 28th of February.
The steps of evaluation are the same irrespective of whether the workflow rule is defined to execute before/after with respect to date time field.
workflow rule, time offset, scheduled, month, before, after , KBA , LOD-CRM-WKF , Workflow , Problem