Copying data between two months with daily granularity results in extra days data summed on last day
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.10
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a planning model with day level granularity
- Create a story with two months with different day periods such as January and February
- Enter data into each day of January
- Copy data from January to February at month level
- February 28th will contain the last 4 days of data from January
This is the intended behaviour:
- All days from the source month that do not have a counterpart in the target month are mapped to the last day of the month
- For cases where the target month has more days than the source month the respective target days keep empty
In cases where the data being copied cannot be aggregated across days and is defined with exception aggregation AVG in regards to time you can use "Paste Special" to keep target distribution.
For example if you have 31 times the value of 1 for the days in January (avg value of 1) and copy it to February, you can use "Paste Special" (Ctrl+Shift+V or via the copy menu from the toolbar) and select "Keep target distribution".
See the online help for more details regarding the "Keep target distribution" option: https://help.sap.com/doc/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/4668288c23d348f2a69c7e0965536787.html
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem