- Getting an application error when trying to open UI rules.
- In UI rules if condition/s is/are disappearing.
- Not able to select the values in the UI rules
- Not able to select the value from picklist in the UI rule.
- if condition not working.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.“
NOTE: This is the documentation for UI rules related issue. (not to be confused with Business rules)
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite: MDF UI
- Manage Configuration UI: UI Rules
Reproducing the Issue
- Admin Centre > Manage Configuration UI
- Open your UI screen. (Might face application error at this point)
- If it opens, click on Manage UI Rules > Open one certain UI rule.(Might face application error at this point))
- If you do > Click on OK, then you might notice that the if conditions have disappeared.
- If you try to compare a value of picklist in if condition, you will notice that there is no dropdown at all. (like in below image)
This is a 1905 preview release issue. Engineering has already identified the root cause.
Since this requires a code change we don't have a workaround for this. The Engineering Team have confirmed that an emergency patch will be released after business hours on Friday 31st to permanently resolve this issue. However, customers are advised to do the data entry from Manage data page so that it does not become a showstopper for them and normal business processes will still continue.
application error, UI based rule, rules, if condition, picklist values, value dropdown, RUL-6312, PTCH-30263 , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Rules, Custom MDF Portlets on V12 & PP3 , Bug Filed