You are unable to activate your custom screen due to following error message:
Error message points to public OVS which you have bound to your custom field, as ObjectValueSelector. All your screens are tagged to be used on such devices as Mobile and Tablet.
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
As a prerequisite you have performed the following:
- You have created solution in Cloud Application Studio.
- You have created Custom BO and corresponding custom screens.
- You have tagged all your screens to be used for devices such as Mobile and Tablet.
- You have configured a field on your custom screen to be displayed as ObjectValueSelector.
- You have bound this field to specific standard OVS supplied by Application.
- You have attempted to activate the screen, which resulted in error message displayed above.
You are seeing this error message because OVS which you have chosen is not tagged for any other devices than Desktop. Since your screens are to be used on Mobile and Tablet, System will run consistency check during activation, making sure that chosen OVS is applicable to your screens. If OVS is not tagged for mobile devices activation fails.
To check whether this is the case please follow the below steps:
- Let's consider that you wish to use the following public OVS in your solution: BYD_COD/SalesOnDemand/Quote/COD_Quote_SOVS.OVS.uicomponent.
- Navigate to this OVS in the UI designer, via Configuration Explorer.
- Within Properties Tab search for Tags under Configuration as seen in the below screenshot.
If Tablet and Mobile tags are not displayed in Tag Editor this means that OVS cannot be used on screens designed for Tablets and Mobile devices.
Public OVS, Activation fails due to public OVS, TAG , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-RT , UI Framework Runtime , Problem