You have created a PDI extension field with Field Type as Object Value Selector. You have extended this field to all the UI Components in the ThingType based navigation scenario.
You have observed that the element in the QuickView and ObjectWorkList UI Components are appearing as a Read-Only text field.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
You have created your custom field with OVS configuration.
- You have extended the field to the QV and OWL UI Components.
- Go the work center XYZ (XYZ represents work center name. Example: Customers).
- Go to the work center view ABC (ABC represents work center view name. Example: Accounts).
- Observe the OWL element behaviour.
- To view the quickview UI Component, hover over the object link (Example: Account Name).
- Observe the QV element behaviour.
Note: If the quickview does not open, please check your system settings as you can disable this from launching.
The OWL and QV UI Components are Read-Only components. They are only meant to provide an overview or list of the current instance(s) from the Business Object.
To resolve this issue, you should:
- Modify the configuration of the custom elements on the QV and OWL UI components to be of field type Link.
- Bind the UI elements to the respective BO elements in the datamodel.
- Set the ThingType of the datamodel element to be your intended destination.
- Save and Activate the component.
UI, Designer, OWL, OVS, QV, QuickView, Read Only , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-UX , UI Framework User Interface Design , How To