You record time on a Customer contract item and then invoice the confirmed service to the Customer.
You execute the Revenue Recognition Run to realize the incurred Costs and Invoiced Revenue on the respective Expense and Revenue Account.
You check the posted results in the Revenue Recognition History report.
You notice that the values displayed in the Current Earned Revenue and Current Earned Cost of Sales display double the amount of the expected Expense and Revenue amounts.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
In the Cost and Revenue work center go to the Sales Document Items view.
- Display Customer Contract Items.
- Search for Customer Contract Item XYZ-XX (XYZ-YY represents the Customer Contract Item ID) and select this item.
- First navigate to the Accounting Data tab.
- You identify an Incurred Cost amount of 50,00 LC (LC stands for Local Currency). You identify an Invoiced Amount of 100,00 LC. You expect these amounts to be displayed as Earned Cost of Sales and Earned Revenue.
- Press Revenue Recognition and select Revenue Recognition History.
- For the Associated Sales Document Item XYZ-XX the Current Earned Cost of Sales and Current Earned Revenue are doubled:
- In the Current Earned Cost of Sales column an amount of 100,00 LC, instead of 50,00 LC, is displayed.
- In the Current Earned Revenue Column an amount of 200,00 LC, instead of 100,00 LC, is displayed.
It is the current report design to display the Earned Cost of Sales and Earned Revenue based on the actual Contract Item as well as based on the follow-up Sales Document, such as a Service Confirmation. It is planned to improve the display logic in one of the next versions of SAP Business ByDesign.
To correctly display the actually realized Earned Revenue an Earned Cost of Sales, add further attributes, such as Sales Document and/or Sales Document Item to the report. Further lines will appear to show the revenue and costs connected to the Contract item as well as the follow-on documents to generate those incurred Cost and invoiced Revenue values.
Revenue Recognition History report, double Earned Revenue, double Earned Cost of Sales , KBA , SRD-FIN-ANA , Analytics Content , Problem