When you try to expand a sub-node entry on a hierarchical list the cursor and the view jump to a different location on the screen.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the system in Fiori.
- Navigate to a view that shows a hierarchical list.
Scroll down on the list.
Expand a sub-node.
The screen and cursor jump to a different area of the list.
Examples of such lists are the Organizational Management, Account Hierarchies, Product Categories, etc.
- This jump occurs because when a sub-node of a list is highlighted it becomes the focus of the display.
- The top sub-node of the list is highlighted by default when the view is opened.
- Sub-node can also be highlighted by you.
When expanding the sub-node of a hierarchical list, highlight the desired node first by clicking on it, then use the arrow to expand the sub-node.
Dropdown, Cursor jump, nested list, hierarchical list, View jump. , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-UX , UI Framework User Interface Design , Problem