You are extracting data from a C4C data source to a BW system and you notice that the time stamps in BW are different. For example you are comparing the values of the field Created On Date Time from the data source Ticket. The time shown in C4C is not the same as in BW.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Data Source view.
- Search for the respective data source, for example Ticket.
- Click on Preview.
- Check the values in the field Created On Date Time for example.
- Then go to your BW system and extract the data for this data source.
- Check the values in the field Created On Date Time.
- They are not the same as in the C4C system.
The C4C system considers your user specific time zone which you have maintained under My Settings. However the actual time stamp is always saved in UTC and then it is converted for every logged on user. Your BW system cannot recognize your C4C specific user settings. This is why it always retrieves the UTC time stamp.
This is the correct system behavior. If you need a different time zone in BW you would need to convert it manually in BW.
Please note that the conversion from UTC to your local time zone is only supported for specific C4C data source fields.
If you would like to make requests to change the standard behavior, please use the Influence Forum
Business Analytics, C4C, BW, Business Warehouse, Time Stamp, Wrong Time, UTC Settings, Wrong Date, Not Extracted, , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To