You are transferring Analytics Objects via Transfer Analytical Content tool (e.g. Report), from one Tenant to another Tenant and you want to keep the customization originally set for the Report in the target system too. However when you launch the uplodaded report, you noticed that some of customization is missging.
E.g. You have switched on the Show Extended Text functionality in the source report but when you upload the same into the target system, the Extended Text comes up Disabled. You then need to switch this one for all reports again.
Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics
- Navigate to Commom Tasks tab
- In the Transfer Analytical Content section, Click on Download hyperlink
- Object type drop down list you can select Report and add the report you want to Download
- Afterwards, you will follow the same steps but going to Upload tab instead in order to upload the report.
- Open the Report XYZ and you will notice that Extended Text is disabled.
Extended Text personalization as well as other personaltization settings (Chart Settings for instance) are not supported as of now in Upload/Download functionality.
We will take it as a development request for future releases.
Extended Text;customization;Transfer Analytical Content , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Product Enhancement