- Error: Indexing xxx failed for "Search to Insight". The live data source is not responding quickly, so indexing has been aborted.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.8
- HANA live connection
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon SAC and open a mode which is based on HANA live connection.
- Go to Preferences and click Create Index in Search to Insight section
- Wait for around one minute and error is seen in bottom.
There are two reason why is this happening:
- A 60 seconds time out is occurring from SAC which is not configurable and it will happen if one batch of dimensions exceeds this timeout, The whole index will fails.
- If the current dimension members limit is 20000 as for Tenant version are in 2019.10
- As for now, there is nothing it can be done to change the 60 seconds timeout
- The suggestion is to index model when system has low memory and CPU usage to decrease the execution time of the dimension member request.
This limitation will be documented on the official documentation shortly.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, timeout , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-BR , Digital Boardroom (DiBo) , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning Functionality, Planning Models , LOD-ANA-PR , Predictive Scenarios, Smart Predict , Product Enhancement