User faces the following error message on Instance Pair Wizard "The application encountered an unknown error"
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Instance Synchronization Tool
Reproducing the Issue
- User goes to Admin Center > searches for Instance Synchronization Wizard
- clicks on Launch the Instance Synchronization Wizard
- next screen clicks on Add New Pair
- Instance Pair Wizard pop-up
- Insert information required and click on Generate Token
- Receives the following error:
- User do not have the Admin access to MDF OData API permission. (located inside the Permission section Manage Metadata Framework of RBP)
- Metadata Cache issue.
Go to OData API Metadata Refresh and Export and perform the Refresh Metadata Cache.
In order to Refresh Metadata Cache please follow the steps from KBA 2171588 - OData API Metadata Refresh and Export - SuccessFactors
After you perform the Refresh Metadata Cache please try to generate the token once again.
The application encountered an unknown error - Instance Synchronization - Instance pair wizard - generate token error , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-SYN , Instance Synch , Problem