- You can now schedule the generation of change audit reports.
- You can define the type of audit report you want to schedule, the frequency of report generation, and where you want the completed report to be made available, in your SFTP folder or on the Change Audit page.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite - Platform
As part of 1905 enhancement, change audit reports have been added with additional features for ease of access to customer admins.
You can now schedule the generation of change audit reports. Define the type of audit, the frequency, and where you want the completed report to be made available, in your SFTP folder or on the Change Audit page.
- Permission should be enabled to generate the change audit reports.
Steps: Go to Permission roles --> Admin Center Permissions --> Select Generate Change Audit Reports (Permission to grant access to change audit report generation page)
Note: Other 2 permissions listed below should be enabled to view and edit the configurartion.
- View Change Audit Configuration (Permission to view status of the change audit settings)
- Edit Change Audit Configuration (Permission to enable and disable change audit settings)
- Ensure Change Audit should be enabled.
Steps: Admin Center --> Manage Audit Configuration --> Turn ON Change Audit (Personal and General Audit)
How to Schedule Change audit reports?
Note: For the demo purpose steps have been reported for generating one generic report and the same steps need to be followed for other reports as well.
Please follow the below steps to schedule and generate the change audit reports.
Go to Admin Center/Action search --> Search Change Audit reports --> Create Personal Data Report/ Create Configuration Data Report /Create Business Data Report (you can select any of your choice). Further steps from the below will be same for all the reports category.
For Example select Create Configuration Data Report --> Select Role Based Permission --> Select RBP Role change Report --> Enter the time range of maximum 7 days per report submission. Submit the report and you can download it from the "Access Reports" section.
If you would like to get report on recurring basis then turn ON "Recurrence" and follow the next steps.
Once you turn ON the Recurrence. Fill the details for Destination and Report Occurrence
For Destination: Enter the Schedule Name (Report Name per your requirement)
For Mehthod: Select Offline/Secure File Transfer Protocol ( SFTP). If you select offline,the report is available on the Change Audit Reports page (Access Reports tab).
Report Occurrence: You can use this option to schedule the report recurrnence. Enter the below requirement to achive the same.
1. Recurring Pattern: Select Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Yearly. If you select weekly, you can select days like Sunday, Monday...
2. Enter the Start and End date along with time.
3. Click on Submit and access reports in "Access Reports" Section.
How to schedule Reports in Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)?
- Select Method of report as SFTP ( at Step 4)
- Enter the host address of SFTP and port number should be 22. You can find SFTP Public IP Addresses and URL's for Data Centres in this KBA: 2250792
- Enter the FTP login and Password. Perfrom the test connection and permission to check the FTP login is successful.
- Enter the File Path ( Folder in SFTP where audit reports needs to be generated)
- Select the Recurrence pattern -- > Enter start and End time --> Submit the report.
- You can view schedules under separate tab "View Schedules"
- You can also check the report status by clicking on the status icon or delete the schedules by clicking on Trash icon.
If you set up a recurrence schedule, the exact dates you select as the time range apply to the ʦrst occurrence of the report only. With each recurrence, the dates are adjusted accordingly. For example, if you set up an initial time range of April 1 to April 7 with a monthly recurrence starting on April 15, the first occurrence of the report on April 15 includes changes between April 1 and April 7, the second occurrence on May 15 includes changes between May 1 and May 7, and so on.
As a best practice, set up report generation to recur at least three days after the end of the time range you want to audit. Some types of audit data can take up to 72 hours to be made ready for reporting
Check here for more information on Enabling and using change audit reporting for general audit purposes.
CRF-17444, Change Audit, Scheduled Audit Reports , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-AUDR , Request Audit Report , Product Enhancement