When trying to add an editable field via Personalization, the field can neither be added to the screen nor can it be hidden.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customers Work Center.
- Go to the Accounts View.
- Open any Account.
- Go to the Account detail on the right-hand side.
- Select the 'Start Personalization' option from the menu dropdown.
- Select the Edit icon in General Information.
- Select General Information from the list of sections that can be personalized.
- Select one field to be visible which is editable (for example, Country (editable)).
- The field is not available/hidden in the General Information section.
The indication 'Editable' in brackets means that this field is part of the so-called 'Edit Group'. That is, you will not find it as a standard field in the sections. In this case the edit group opens as a tool pop-up once you go to edit mode and click the address field.
As key user, you can decide in HTML5 adaptation mode to add fields from the edit group to the display group as well:
- In HTML5 go to the same screen and start adaptation mode.
- Click Edit.
- Hover over the field in question and select Change Properties.
- Change 'Visible in either Read or Edit mode' from 'Visible in Edit mode only' to 'Visible in Read and Edit mode'.
editable; personalization; adaptation; visible; hidden; display; hide; , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-FLX , Page Layout & Key User Configuration , How To