Following the completion of the migration from Legacy Picklists to MDF Picklists, several inactive picklist values could still be available for selection in the search criteria while conducting the user search via the Talent Search tool in the Succession Module.
SAP SuccessFactors Succession Planning
After migration from Legacy to MDF Picklists, inactive values that appear in Talent Search were migrated over while in OBSOLETED or ACTIVE status.
In order to verify the Legacy Status for picklist values prior to migration take the following steps:
- Go to Admin Center
- Select Company Settings > Configure Object Definitions
- In the search drop downs choose "Object Definitions" and "PickListValue"
- Click Take Action > Make Correction
- Locate the field "legacyStatus" and click details
- In the Visibility section, ensure the status is set to Editable. If it is not, change it to Editable.
- Once this is complete the ability to access the Legacy Statuses can be done via Picklist Center or exporting the Picklist via Import and Export Data
When reviewing the legacy values you will most likely see numbers for the legacyStatus (SF_FIELD4") column.
- DELETE = SF_FIELD4 = "2"
- ACTIVE = SF_FIELD4 ="0"
- OBSOLETED=SF_FIELD4 ="1"
If the inactive values that appear in Talent Search are either in ACTIVE or OBSOLETED status then it confirms the behavior as to why they appear in Talent Search.
At this time the only way to ensure inactive picklist values that came in ACTIVE or OBSOLETED status can be removed from Talent Search would be to delete them via the Picklist Center.
- Navigate to the Picklist Center via Admin Center
- Choose appropriate picklist ID
- Click "Insert New Record"
- Ensure you are using the current date to preserve the history of the previous effective dated record
- Delete the inactive value using the trash can icon.
Note, when performing this action it is important to ensure there are no employees (active or inactive) that have recordings of the inactive values because they can be deleted.
Talent Search, MDF Picklist, Inactive Picklist Values, Delete Value, Picklist Migration, Legacy Status, SCM-12760 , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-TS , Talent Search , Problem