You are trying to post an Incoming Cash Transfer from Bank Account ID to Petty Cash ID and the error message is shown as
Insufficient Funds on Petty Cash.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Payment Management Work center.
- Go to the Petty Cash view.
- Show All Petty Cash and Find Petty Cash ID 123(123 here represents Petty Cash ID).
- Select the Petty Cash ID and Go to New and then to Incoming Cash Transfer.
- Select the Bank Account ID and the Transaction Amount.
- Choose Post.
Error message is shown.
The liquidity of Petty Cash ID is negative even on transferrring Transaction Amount XYZ(XYZ here represents Transaction Amount) from Bank Account ID to Petty Cash ID.The liquidity position of Petty Cash ID can be checked by following steps:
- Go to the Payment Management Work center.
- Go to the Payment Monitor view.
- Show All Payments and Go to Advanced Filter.
- Enter the Petty Cash ID,Value Date,Status. Please input the Value Data as Less than or Equal To the Receipt Date you input in the Incoming Payment.
- Choose Export To Microsoft Excel.
Value Date is the Posting Date of Incoming Cash Transfer.Kindly ensure that the Status of the Payments is Confirmed.
Once you add the values in Excel,the liquidity of Petty Cash ID is shown. The liquidity position would ideally be less than zero and in negative even on adding the Transaction Amount of Incoming Cash Transfer.Hence,the error message is shown.
You can enter the Transaction Amount in Incoming Cash Transfer which would bring the liquidity position of Petty Cash ID to positive .
Petty Cash,sufficient Funds,Incoming Cash Transfer , KBA , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , Problem