Business Roles are assigned to the Business User user01. As an Administrator, when logged in with user administrator, you are unable to see the Business Roles that are assigned to Business user user01.
where administrator represents the User ID of the Administrator
user01 represents the Business User
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Login with user administrator
- Go to Administrator workcenter
- Go to Business Users view
- Find the Business User user01
- Select Edit and choose Access Rights
- In the Business Role Assignment tab, unable to see the Business Roles
Business Roles are categorized under Global scope. The user administrator is a Local Administrator.
A user is a Global Administrator user if the General Settings view is assigned in the Administrator work center. Otherwise, the user will be categorized as a Local Administrator user.
If the scope of a Business Role is Global, it can only be viewed and assigned to a Business User by a Global Administrator user, or a Local Administrator user who is added as a responsible user for that Business Role. As the user administrator is a Local Administrator and not mentioned as responsible user for the Business Role, the user was not able to assign Business Roles to other Business Users.
To change the scope of the Business Role to Local or Global you may follow the below steps:
- Go to Administrator work center
- Go to Business Roles view
- Highlight the Business Role and select Edit
- In the General tab, checkmark the box Select Scope Manually
- From the Scope field, choose Local or Global
- Select Save
To understand how Global / Local scope is defined and for restricting access for Local Administrators you may refer SAP Help Portal
Business Role, Administrator, Local Administrator, Global Administrator, Business User , KBA , SRD-CC-IAM , Identity & Access Management , Problem