- Some users can see future positions in the Position Org Chart but not in Advanced Reporting
- Other users are able to see future position both in Org Chart and Advanced Reporting
- All the users can see the same positions in Position Org Chart but not in the reports
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Position Org Chart
- The As of Date of the Org Chart is Today (e.g. 04/03/2019)
- Search for a future position e.g. code '50023048' and Effective Start Date '12/31/2019'
- There will be no result
- Set the As of Date to the Effective Start Date of the position i.e. 12/31/2019
- Search for the position 50023048
- The position will be displayed as expected
- Now go to Report Center
- Run your Canvas report
- Set the Date Options to 12/31/2019
- Click Done
- Some users e.g. User A will see the position 50023048 in the result:
- However, other users e.g. User B will not see the position 50023048 and will see different positions in the result:
The Position Org Chart supports RBP permission only at object level e.g. Job Code, but some users (e.g. User B) may have Position restriction in RBP based on hierarchy or association e.g. Matrix Relationship.
Therefore, the org chart will bypass this permission and will display the position.
However, Advanced Reporting will respect the RBP permission for current objects/fields (e.g. As of Today the Job Code information is already stored in the future Position object) and, as future associations are not yet effective (the information is available in Manage Position UI, but it is not yet stored in the position), even running the report as of 12/31/2019, the position will not be displayed in the result.
The system is working as expected. In case all users need to have the same result in Advanced Reporting, the Position restriction in RBP should be the same e.g. Job Code/Function = Administration (which is the permission of the User A).
Future positions Position Org Chart not missing user the report Advanced Reporting , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, ORD) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To