You have added a product (spare part) to the line item of the Service Order, however, when trying to change the Ship-From value, the field is grayed out.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service Orders work center.
- Select the Service Orders Processing view.
- Select the line for the Service Order ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Service Order).
- Click on the Edit button.
- Navigate to the Services and Spare Parts tab.
- Select line item 10.
- Go to the Spare Part Logistics subtab.
Under Shipping, the Ship-From field is grayed out.
Under the product (spare part) master data, the Item Group was maintained as DIGI - Spare part - direct goods, for the Sales Organization used under the Service Order.
For Item Group maintained as DIGI - Spare part - direct goods, it is the system expected behavior to grayed out the field for Ship-From address, as the system will automatically choose one of the most appropriate site for this product which has been maintained in the Material master data.
The system only allows the Ship-From address to be editable for SHIP - Spare part (advanced ship/sales) and PICK - Spare part (engineer pick-up/sales) Item Groups.
This is the system expected behavior.
In order to have the field editable, please perform changes under the spare part master data.
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Select the Products view.
- Select the Product ID XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the spare part).
- Click the Edit button.
- Navigate to the Sales tab.
- Go to Sales subtab.
- Change the Item Group for one of the following options:
SHIP - Spare part (advanced ship/sales)
PICK - Spare part (engineer pick-up/sales) Item Groups.
Service Order; Item; Ship-From; Grayed Out; DIGI; PICK - Spare Part; SHIP - Spare Part , KBA , AP-SVO-SO , Service Order , How To