After picklist migration, some picklists values are duplicated with ~%1 in the end.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center > Import and Export data
- Export Picklist
- Open the csv file, in the column named "Code", see that there are values with ~1% appended on the duplicate values
The system has duplicated the picklist values because those values were not an exact match between Legacy and MDF version prior to the migration.
It is not considered an exact match when one the below criteria is met:
- Number of options is different (based on external code match)
- Mismatch is status when external codes are same
- Mismatch in labels when external codes are same
For each duplicated values, you will have one with correct name, for example, within the "yesno" picklist you will see the values: "yes"and another as "yes~%1".
Step #1: First, we will work with "yes" value (without the ~%1) that should not have any value linked.
- You need to rename the external code and label of the picklist "yes" (without the ~%1) with a different name, for example "yes_old"
- To perform this step, you need to perform an Export Picklist, edit the file and perform an Import Pickslit.
For both steps you can follow the Picklist Guide.
NOTE: Remember to update both External Code and Label fields, otherwise, you might face issues with EC integrations.
Step #2: Updating the correct picklist value, we can now work with the value "yes~%1"
- Go to Admin Center > Picklist Center
- Search for a picklist value with ~%1, for example "yes~%1"
- Click Take Action > Make Correction
- Delete the character "~%1" from the External Code and label fields
- Click Save
- Once that is completed, you can then inactivate the values editted on step #1 ("yes_old").
With this process you will not longer have duplicated picklists values in your environment and the picklists that are related to MDF Objects or with other integrations, will continue to work fine.
Picklist Center, mdf picklist, duplicate picklist value, ~%1 , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-PKL , Picklists , Problem