Date field value has a difference of one day in ORD report than in LMS e.g. Assignment Date from Learning History
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Online Report Designer / Report - Canvas
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an ORD report and select the LMS domain
- Select Learning Item Assignment and History table
- Select the date field "Assignment Date"
- Run the report and check that the date value is not matching the same value from LMS module
- There is a difference of one day
Assignment Date field is stored in the database in UTC timezone and when extracted via ORD, it is converted to the user's timezone.
For example, the date value (timestamp) from the server can be 2/2/2019 (12AM - UTC), but the user will see the date as 2/1/2019 (8PM - EST) in the ORD report.
This is an expected behavior.
The Assignment Date field from the LMS domain in ORD is localised (user's timezone) but in LMS it is available in UTC timezone.
If you feel the feature is important, we request you to submit an enhancement request for the same.
2090228 - How to submit enhancement requests for SAP SuccessFactors products
This will allow other customers to vote up and thereby express their interest on the same.
Our Product management teams review enhancement requests regularly and implement them if and when feasible.
Date, field, value, difference, of, one, day, in ,ORD, report, than, in, LMS, Assignment, from, Learning, History , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , Problem