You perform layout adaptation and add the E-mail Viewer tab under e-mail activity, however the tab is not displayed.
SAP Cloud for Customer 1905 onward
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Activities work center.
- Go to the E-mails work view.
- Open the e-mail ID 123 (123 represents the ID).
- Click Adapt.
- Select Edit Master Layout option.
- Hover the mouse over the tabs location.
- Click Add Items and the Additional Tab pop-up will open.
- Select the E-mail Viewer and click Apply.
Result: The E-mail Viewer tab is not displayed as expected.
There can be several reasons:
- The E-mail Viewer tab is not supportable in HTML5 UI and it will only work with Fiori UI.
- The E-mail Viewer tab does not appear if the e-mail does not have HTML content available.
- Only e-mails created and synchronized after 1905 have e-mail content stored.
After the layout adaption, in case the e-mail has an HTML content, go to the Fiori UI.
It is currently not available for e-mails created via Tickets or Odata. -> This is planned to be made available from the 1908 release onward.
As of now this feature is only enabled for mail coming from Groupware and created via Accounts WC.
E-mail Viewer, E-mail, Fiori UI, HTML5 , KBA , LOD-CRM-ACT , Activities , How To