You define Valuation Level Product Specification for the inhouse-produced Product ABC (ABC represents the Product ID).
You maintain a Sales Order Item for Product ABC and create a new Product Specification XYZ via the Sales Order.
You release the Sales Order and expect the Product Specification to be automatically updated in the Products Valuation Master Data.
But the newly created Product Specification XYZ is not available in the Valuation Master Data.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
To create the new Product Specification:
In the Sales Orders work center create a new Sales Order, for instance via Common Tasks.
- Press View All and navigate to the Items tab.
- For the Sales Order item maintain Product ABC.
- In the Details sub-tab, under Product press New in the Product Specification field.
- Create and release Product Specification XYZ.
- Release the Sales Order.
You now expect that Product Specification XYZ is available in the Valuation Master Data of Product ABC:
- Access the Master Data of Product ABC, either from the Product Data, Product Portfolio, Product and Service Portfolio or Inventory Valuation workcenter.
- Press View All and navigate to the Valuation tab.
- Select the relevant Company - Business Residence combination.
- Choose Maintain Product Specification Valuation.
The newly created Product Specification XYZ does not appear here.
Product Specification Valuation data only gets automatically updated once a Material Cost Estimate (to updated Estimated Costs), followed by an Inventory Cost Update Run (to update Inventory Costs) has been executed for the combination of Product ABC and Product Specification XYZ. For Inhouse-produced Products a Released Production Model for the relevant Product - Product Specification combination must exist so Material Cost estimate can be calculated.
This is expected system behaviour.
product specification valuation, product specification sales order , KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , Problem