You are trying to hide a custom created Embedded Component via Adaptation Mode but the option to hide the element is not available.
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- You have created a custom solution with an extension to a standard business object (.xbo).
- You have created a custom Embedded Component which you have attached to a Standard Screen in the system.
Now you wish to change the behavior of the Custom Embedded Component via Adaption Mode in the UI, to do so you follow the below steps:
- Navigate to the work center "ABC" (ABC refers to a Standard Work Center).
- Go to view "DEF" (DEF refers to a standard view).
- Open an instance "123" (123 refers to an ID of an instance of a BO) and navigate to the Embedded Component in question.
- Now switch on personalization mode to hide the Custom Embedded Component but you notice that the hide option is not available.
There is no anchor configured for the "PaneContainer" where the Custom Embedded Component resides
Note: The anchors are released by the application team that owns the specific standard screen which you want to enhance by your embedded component, not all anchors are PSM released for partners to utilize. If the required anchor is not PSM released you have to open an incident with SAP Support to inquire about the feasibility of the anchor release.
If the anchor is released please follow the below steps:
- Open the Standard Screen where the Embedded Component is attached.
- Highlight the "PaneContainer" where the Embedded Component resides and click on "Anchor" within the Properties tab.
- Choose the "+" button (as shown in the below screenshot) to configure the anchor which will be available provided it is released .
If the anchor is not released please open an incident with SAP Support as explained above.
"PDI" "Custom EC cannot be hidden via Adaptation Mode" "Custom EC" "Master Layout" "Personalization Mode" "Anchor" "UI Designer" "Missing Anchor" , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-RT , UI Framework Runtime , Problem