When searching for data in the LMS and choosing to display all records, when choosing to sort via one of the columns, the results reset back to the default numerical value.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
Learning Administration > Learning > Item > Search (wide open) Change the view from default 25 records to View All, and sort by column Item The view is changed back to 25 records per page again. It happens to any search like search users, curricula, assignment profiles, etc.
- Proceed to Learning Administration
- Go to System Admin -> Configuration -> System Configuration -> Edit SEARCH property file -> Change adminShowAllOption = true
- Go to Users -> User search -> do a blank search
- Once the results come back, choose on the dropdown of the amount of records to show to All
- Click on one of the columns such as User ID to sort
- Once page reloads, the amount of records that are showing will revert back to one of the standard numerical values such as 10 or 25
The adminShowAllOption is a deprecated part of the LMS that is kept for code consistency
The three resolutions, as the setting to show All is deprecated, are to:
- Not sort on a column on the UI after All records have been loaded
- Disable the adminShowAllOption under System Admin -> Configuration -> System Configuration -> Edit SEARCH property file -> Change adminShowAllOption=false
- Click on the Download Search Results and sort through the data in a 3rd party application such as Microsoft Excel
sort all column reset view sorting viewing all 25 50 10 results default adminShowAllOption true false , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-IMP , Issue , Problem