- This KB article will outline the Recommendations feature in LMS.
- Learning recommendations allows you to recommend content and also helps employees in learning from each other so they can contribute more.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System
Sharing through Recommendations
- Social learning and collaboration tools can make the workplace more productive and more engaging.
- Learning recommendations allow you to recommend content and also employees to learn from each other so they can contribute more.
- System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration> LMS_Admin enableItemRecommendations=true
Recommendations Are Everywhere – Peer to Peer
- Add “Recommend to Peer” workflow to users roles
- System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > LMS Admin > “hideViewedP2PRecommendation”
Recommendations by Administrators
Administrators can recommend Items, Collections, and Programs by Assignment Profiles to target the exact user population to make the recommendation to.
The Recommendations tile provides users with a graphic display of recommendations for either their peers or administrators:
- Peer recommendations may include items, curricula, QuickGuides, collections, or programs that their peers found in the catalog or were assigned to them.
- When recommending training content, users can search for their peers and determine the appropriate peer by matching either their External ID, Organization description, or email address (Globally Configured) in the typeahead.
- Admins may add Recommended Items to an assignment profile so they will display here for all users who meet certain criteria.
- Admins may create external links and recommend them to a group of users
Additional Identifier in user type-ahead search result
To View Recommendations in newsletter email:
“Recommendation s Newsletter” Automatic Process (APM) must be scheduled in System Admin > Automatic Processes
SF, success factors, LMS, Recommendations, Items, Collections, and Programs, Peer to Peer, Tile, hideViewedP2PRecommendation , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , How To