When performing an instance synchronization selecting only RBP Permission Roles and RBP Permission Groups the sync is failing without further details in the error.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Pair both instances approving the sync of RBP
- Grant the permissions to sync RBP to the user will perform it on both source and target instances
- Go to Instance Synchronization Wizard and select only RBP Permission Roles and RBP Permission Groups
- Start the sync
- Navigate to Instance Synchronization Monitor Tool
- Search for the sync you did and see the column status as "Error"
- Click at Details and then Download the report
- In the report the following message is shown:
Some permission role depends on a dynamic group, and the dynamic group is not created in the target instance.
To complete the sync, you need to include the dynamic groups in the sync, so the group will be created automatically in the target instance and the permission roles will be synced successfully.
To include the dynamic groups in the sync, you need to follow the below steps:
- Open the Instance Synchronization Wizard tool
- Inform the target instance where the information will be pushed to
- In the list of artifacts to sync, check the option "Dynamic Group Filters"
Sync, Instance Synchronization, Synchronization, RBP, Permission Roles, Error, Dynamic Group , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-IST , Instance Sync Tool , Problem